We know there are loads of you out there who love a bit of suspense, possibly followed by bucket-loads of gore, so to celebrate the forthcoming release of terrifying new horror Silent House on May 4th, we‘ve teamed up with Studio Canal to give you the chance for your short to be featured on the DVD release of Silent House. The winner will also receive a one year Cineworld Unlimited card.
Your film can be a self-contained short or an extract from a longer film, no longer than 88 seconds in length. The short should draw inspiration from Silent House as a film captured in real time in one continuous take.
How To Enter:
– Upload your film to shootingpeople.org, then send the URL along with your name and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line of ‘Shooting People Silent House competition’
– As the film is set over 88 minutes, your short must be no longer than 88 seconds.
– Deadline for entries is midnight on 20th May 2012
A short list of five entries will be sent to the directors Chris Kentis and Laura Lau to judge, and the winning entry will be featured on the DVD release of the film later in 2012. On top of this prize the winner will also receive an Unlimited Card courtesy of Cineworld.
In Silent House, Sarah, along with her uncle and father, prepare their long-time family summer home, recently violated by squatters, for sale. But broken windows and cracks in the plaster are the least of their problems when they discover they are not alone and there’s more than just mold concealed behind the walls. Over the course of 88 harrowing minutes, their idyllic isolated retreat is transformed into a site of horror as the family’s past returns to taunt then terrorize them, exposing a hidden and distorted history. Silent House, a re-imagining of the Uruguayan film La Casa Muda, is told in real time in one continuous take, just as Sarah sees – and experiences – it.
For more on the film, go to: http://www.facebook.com/SilentHouseUK
Terms & Conditions:
1. The promoter of this competition is STUDIOCANAL Limited (“the Promoter”).
2. This competition is open to residents of the UK and Eire aged 18 years or over, except for employees of the Promoter, their families or anyone else associated with this competition. Proof of age, identity and eligibility may be requested.
3. To enter the competition entrants must upload a film of no longer than eighty eight (88) seconds (“the Short Film”) in accordance with the instructions on the competition webpage. All entries must include the participant’s name and email address.
4. All entries must be received by midnight on 20th May 2012 (“the Deadline”). Entries received after the Deadline will not be considered.
5. Only one entry per person is permitted. Late, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
6. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and to be bound by them.
7. The Promoter may pick one winning entrant (“the Winner”) in the Promoter’s sole discretion from all valid entries received before the Deadline. The Winner (if any) will be notified after the Deadline by way of the contact details provided with their respective entries. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
8. If the Winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to another entrant picked from the remainder of the valid entries received before the Deadline in the Promoter’s sole discretion.
9. The Promoter shall include the Winner’s Short Film as a bonus feature on the Promoter’s first DVD and Blu-ray release of the film “Silent House” (2011) (“the Film”) and shall provide the Winner with one (1) copy of the Promoter’s DVD and/ or Blu-ray of the Film in the Promoter’s sole discretion (“the Prize”).
10. By uploading the Short Film via the competition webpage the Winner irrevocably grants to the Promoter with full title guarantee a non-exclusive right to exploit the Winner’s Short Film in any and all media in conjunction with the Promoter’s exploitation of the Film.
11. The Winner warrants that all necessary assignments, licences, consents and grants of rights have been obtained from all third parties so as to enable the Promoter to exploit the Short Film without hindrance and without any payment obligations to third parties.
12. The Winner is solely responsible for acquiring all necessary synchronization licences and master recording licences in respect of any musical compositions and recordings contained in the Short Film to allow the Promoter to exploit the Short Film and the Winner warrants that all music in the Short Film is free and clear of any mechanical royalties which shall be a complete “buy-out” and the Winner shall hold the Promoter harmless from any payment in this regard.
13. The Winner will execute and deliver to the Promoter at the expense of the Winner such further instruments as shall be necessary to confirm or carry into effect these terms and conditions or to enable the Promoter to exploit the Short Film in accordance with these terms and conditions and the Winner will supply to the Promoter copies of all documents relating to the Short Film showing title to all rights and services included employed or exploited in the Short Film or credit obligations.
14. The Prize is subject to availability, non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered save as otherwise set out herein. Arrangement for the fulfillment of the Prize will be made by the Promoter who may put a third party in direct contact with the Winner to arrange fulfillment of the Prize.
15. If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter is unable to provide the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute Prize in the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions of the supplier.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to change, modify, delay or cancel this competition if the circumstances require it as determined in the Promoter’s sole discretion and all entrants agree that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
17. The Promoter will not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the Winner, if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
18. The Winner agrees that the Promoter and its associated affiliates and subsidiaries and any other sponsors and prize providers shall have no liability in connection with its exploitation of the Short Film, save that no party limits or excludes its liability for (i) death or personal injury due to its own negligence (ii) fraud or (ii) any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
19. The Winner agrees to take part in any publicity reasonably required by the Promoter.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant that breaches any of these terms and conditions.
21. Personal information about entrants will only be shared with the Promoter’s competition partners and with the Promoter’s agents to the extent necessary to manage such entry and participation as an entrant or, where required, to a legal or regulatory body.
22. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.