Another great event from Own It – The Creators Guide to Going Mobile: a Digital Revolution Made Simple.
If you can get to it, this looks like it will address a lot of the questions that we all have about mobile content and how it will pay…
Are you thinking of joining the next revolution in digital media and distributing your work through mobile phones or inventing software applications?
This seminar will give you an overview of the legal framework including licensing, royalties, data protection and more.
Wednesday 12 November 2008, 6.00-9.00pm (6.00-8.00pm presentations and Q&A followed by drinks/networking until 9.00pm.)
Location: Conference Room Suite, Accelerator, London Metropolitan University, Shoreditch Building, 35 Kingsland Road, London, E2 8AA.
To book your free place to attend, please visit: www.own-it.org/events
Topics covered include:
– All about contracts, from licensing to copyright assignments.
– How can you get paid? Various payment models explained.
– Moral rights.
– How can you protect your work from being copied or distributed beyond the terms and conditions of your agreement?
– How can you protect your work from being deemed ‘orphaned’ – meaning it’s distributed to so many users that nobody has any idea who the copyright holder is?
– What’s the value of your work? Is there a difference between music, games, characters, photography or writing?
– Data protection.