Drone filming

I am looking for a drone pilot to do some aerial shots for a documentary I am making set in Wales. Just wondering if anyone has worked with a commercial drone pilot they can recommend. Even better if they are based in Wales.

• Me. And no! But send me info anyway in IM if you are interested. I don't mind a drive to Wales every once in a while :)

Wozy

2 years ago
  • There was a commercial drone guy on the threads a while back wondering how to drum up business.

Happy hunting.

2 years ago
  • Sorry - just to clarify on my post - I have recently qualified to fly an SUSA through training with EuroUSC.

I did the two day ground school at Heathrow and then the flight test in Gloucestershire. I have a DJI Inspire 1 which many will know shoots up to 4K with 12mb stills.

Happy to discuss any and all requests for aerial cinematography.

best

Wozy

2 years ago
  • Worked with Woz a couple of times.A top fella and very professional.Enough said.

2 years ago
  • Hi Anita. I sent you a PM. Have a look at www.seymourproductions.co.uk

2 years ago
    • Thanks Justin. I have had to put it on hold for now as I've just discovered air restrictions in the area I wanted to film and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do the aerial filming I wanted. Hence my lack of response. Anita

2 years ago
  • We have used a large Octocopter with our black magic production camera 4K with great results recently along the coast in North Devon. Very professional and licensed to film in London they do a lot of big budget film productions so are not that cheap. They are based in Bristol so not that far from you. Cloud 12 www.cloud12.co.uk contact Ben Keene 07870 502904 ben@cloud12.co.uk I would highly recommend them. They also have DJI if needed for smaller shoots but the larger drone is great for flying RED or heavier cameras.

2 years ago
  • I recommend AERIALWORX aerialworx.co.uk
    I worked with them making a Bear Grylls show and they are based in Wales! Ask for Stephanie.

2 years ago
  • Thanks everyone for your suggestions re: drone pilots. I've found out that where I want to film using a drone is a bit more complicated than I initially thought as there are airspace restrictions.

2 years ago
  • Britain had some of the most densely controlled airspace in the world!

2 years ago
  • Great thing about much of rural Wales is that it's not controlled airspace. The near misses between RAF jets, microlights and gliders are legendary though. But even in controlled air space areas the 200 foot free zone offers quite a bit of useful licence.

2 years ago
  • For drone filming in Wales, contact Aerialworx.

1 month ago