A short film narrated by the CCTVs

I wanted to make something during the Corona quarantine. I decided to use the live feed from public CCTVs all around the world.
There are live cameras everywhere which you can watch touristic sites through them. Most of these places are crowded in the regular time but they are empty during the quarantine.
So I started to record and edit them for the sake of the memory of these days The quality of these cameras' output are different and they depends on their internet connection, weather situation and other parameters.

This is the result:
vimeo.com/425799543

What do you think?

• Good idea. I think captions of the locations might help. I did one of my town in lockdown:
    youtu.be/78_Os6iafnw

4 weeks ago
  • I thought the music fitted the ghostly and deserted places well.

4 weeks ago
  • I thought it was a good idea, but agree it would have benefitted from some titles of locations for context. The music fits the visuals well. I did my own lockdown Vlog too. Would be grateful for any feedback..

youtu.be/tL_VhR9pyYE

Thanks

Myles

4 weeks ago
  • Yes, I did recognise some of the locations but agree you could have named them & good idea as it will remain as commentary of a time in history. Good music too. Well done!

4 weeks ago
  • Agree with the captions for locations :)
    (dates might be good too?)
    The picture seems stretched to fit your aspect ratio in many of them. Maybe that's a CCTV thing. I found it a bit off-putting and wondered if they could be in their natural ratio. But it's a lovely idea! And well done. Thank you for taking the time and for sharing it.

4 weeks ago
  • Thank you for the feedback and your attention.
    Just I wanted to add a point about the location titles and why I didn't add them to the video.
    I didn't want to add them because this is not a documentary. It is but my it was not the main point in my mind.
    I was thinking this video is about human loneliness in this situation not just about empty places.
    Even if the audience can't recognise some of them, the whole video will spread the same common sense: Loneliness.

Thank you again for your responses.

4 weeks ago