Show menu
Shooting People
By continuing to browse this website you are agreeing to allow us to use cookies

Insurance suggestions for a small rental Film/TV equipment company?

How/Where to get insurance for a small rental company with Film Cameras, Jib, Tracks, Super speed Cine lenses, Lighting, sound Kits etc. and offer insurance to clients to hire Film equipment?

  • Typically it's up to the hirer to show that they have their own cover for hired in kit. A rental facility will have cover for their own kit when in their own care. If renters turn up without insurance you ought to be able to arrange cover, probably with your own insurers, adding the fee to the rental price.

    2 years ago
  • Hi Kamran,

    I've been looking for the same for the past month and I have found that IMS ( phone 0208805221) do short rental insurance which seems reasonably priced. Also Performance ( - phone 02082564930) do short term insurance, but only by online application.
    If you are looking for year round cover for your equipment, both offer it and also Towergate ( phone-01708524416) seems to be reputable and offers good deals.
    I also agree with John, clients are responsible to have the cover if they are hiring, but it is a good thing to be able to give them the details of insurers as otherwise they might be a bit overwhelmed.
    Please let me know if you find any other interesting insurer.


    Editor, producer and multimedia consultant

    2 years ago