Producer wants short scripts

Short scripts wanted!

Feel good, xmas themed, family, funny.

We are offering $100 to an additional $900 if we make it.

Scripts no longer than 10 pages.

• Hi Terri,

Could you provide some more details? e.g. who you are, what you've made, where you plan to show these shorts, etc etc etc.
    thanks.

• Terri, some of us are waiting for you to respond to Paul's reasonable request for information, made 4 days ago. Your profile is blank; your name didn't throw up anything on google that would link you to film producing; and you are offering payment in a currency that is not legal tender in the UK.

Perhaps you could put the more wary minds here at rest.

• Hi Terri, please send more details of your company, cheers John

• I did make contact with Terri. I was instructed to send some scripts to someone with a raindance.co.uk email address, who was 'sending the scripts on'. I've not heard anything more.

• Well, with Graeme's Raindance clue, I now know why google had not heard of Terri. Seems her real name is Emma - www.imdb.com/name/nm9145603/

and emmafrayne.co.uk/category/short-films/...

Why she's being so apparently cloak and dagger - different name and not responding to info requests - is anyone's guess.

• Hi all, it has not been my intention to be cloak and dagger. I have been very unwell and in bed for days with the COVID. I will set up my account properly when I’m feeling better. I’m am Emma Frayne-Ford
    Director/producer and a member of Bafta and Director’s uk.

The producer for this project is Terry Hitchcock and she is Canadian...hence the payment in dollars.

The project is for Hallmark USA and we are only looking for short feel good scripts that can relate to Xmas. We are not looking to find other projects or work with unfinished scripts or features.

If you have scripts that fit the project we are more than happy to look at them.

• Thank you for clearing things up. If some of us were wary it's because, from time to time, dodgy types pop up on SP - fake / mercenary producers, bogus filmmakers, etc. Over the years, long-standing members like me have seen SP members fall victim to those less-than-honest people. Not long back, we even had a case of a "producer" threatening a member.

• Hi Terri,

Can you clarify the pay structure then? 100CAD isn't very much; how/when does the other ≤900 come in?

Thanks.

• Just to clarify, We will pay a $100 if a short is chosen for the hallmark slate and $900 if the short gets made.

• Okay gotcha.

• Have you tried www.Script-Hub.co.uk ?

• Hi all, I know this is an old post but did anyone submit and hear back from this? I submitted my script but haven't heard anything at all. Just curious as this was a paid opportunity which is rare for short scripts!

2 weeks ago
  • My 2 cents...Sorry to throw a negative response into the mix but really Hallmark... www.hallmarkchannel.com/
    is offering "$100 CAD if a short is chosen for the hallmark slate and $900 CAD if the short gets made." Really everyone likes the idea of being paid for the work but 100.00 Canadian Dollars = 57.69804 British Pounds 1 CAD = 0.576980 GBP 1 GBP = 1.73316 CAD (if selected) and 900.00 Canadian Dollars = 519.28236 British Pounds (ref: XE.com). So £58 if selected and £520 pounds if it then finally is made for TV, well I'm sorry but I'm completely underwhelmed by this "paid opportunity". On the plus side though, sincerely, really great to hear that you are on the mend Emma recovering from Covid and that the Hallmark Channel continues to prosper.

FYI According to Wikipedia "As of February 2015, Hallmark Channel is available to approximately 85,439,000 pay television households (73.4% of households with television) in the United States."
    "In December 2019, the channel stopped airing advertisements for the online wedding registry Zola.com that included two brides kissing each other, because of complaints that it was lesbians kissing and promoted same-sex marriages. A main complainant was One Million Moms, a division of the socially conservative American Family Association, which has been designated an anti-LGBTQ hate group by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Similar advertisements with heterosexual couples kissing were not pulled.[55] As a result, social media users called for a boycott of the channel,[56] while competitors like Netflix and the Disney-owned Freeform cable channel responded by touting their LGBTQ inclusivity.[57] On December 15, Hallmark reversed its decision and said it would reinstate the advertisements and work with GLAAD, an LGBTQ media monitoring organization, to create more inclusive programming.[58]"
    Kind regards Ray

2 weeks ago
  • Yes I'd be interested to know as well.

2 weeks ago